Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Aveny's Name

Since a few people have asked, I figured I'd write a little about her name and how we chose it:

I wanted to make up a name since my mom claims to have made up mine... haha. I came up with Aveny about three years ago and it kind of stuck. David and I both liked it a lot, and since it sounds and looks kind of like 'avenue' it makes me think of 'The Way.' (Jesus says 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me' John 14:5-7.)


We came up with Rue while spending some time in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Since all the street names are Rue___ whatever the street name. Also it's kind of reminiscent of a journey or the way, since it means 'street' in French. Plus it's a nod to David's New Orleans upbringing and we just think it's super cute. :)

Aveny is also an Indian name usually spelled 'Avani' and it means 'earth' or 'from the earth.' I like that too... being a little bit of a green mama.

So, there you have it! Our little Aveny Rue... Born 11-08-08 at 11:39pm. She was 8lbs 5oz and 20 inches long at birth.

No comments: