This is Aveny's Christmas present to me. She had a little help from her Daddy, but he assures me this was all her idea. Definitely definitely the best Christmas present ever! Here's the whole poem:
Hey there mama Bear! I swear I couldn’t fare without your care…
I want you to be aware…
So I told pop to go and shop, nothing hot, not a lot (see, I have an empty piggy pot)
He heard my baby moan when I asked for a loan, but he said, “Credit? Mama don’t condone”, he said that you’d bemoan when we talked on the phone…
“Hey! Don’t squeal little seal! Let’s strike a deal so you don’t have to steal, or skip a meal, tell me how you feel and we’ll help mama for real!”
I said pops you’re so cool, you rule, and mama’s been toiling like a mule, you funky fool!
Look, see this feeding gig, I’m a little pig, turnin’ into a plump fig, and mama’s arms are strong tree twigs, but they hurting big, ya dig?
She needs some deep tissue work, nothing berserk, a nice little perk, cause my feeding she don’t shirk
She gives me oodles of grub, so call up Cubs, have her find a spa club, set up an hour rub-rub, maybe some wine at the pub… The least I can do since she scrubs my flub!
You know I can’t talk, you must be miffed. Still, here’s my gift, I didn’t get it by grift, though pops I did sift, So here’s yo’ Christmas spirit lift!!
I have one more present you really do merit it,
You love me so mooch! I’m ooch I swear it!
My Disney eyes are your second prize,
I love you forever, ‘cause I know you can't bear it!
2 comments:
Hey,
Are you guys back in Chicago? We'll hopefully see you in church this Sunday- yeah for the overflow room! We're heading back tomorrow.
Krista
Hilarious!! Love it!!
Post a Comment