We set out Aveny's presents on her big pink chair and let her attack them. It was pretty much awesome watching her explore and get excited over her new toys! Her favorites seemed to be the baby and the blue dog books at first.
We had a party for her at Confetti Kids Park, just a few blocks up the street from our house. We had about 15 kids and 20 or so adults. David made smoked brisket and smoked East North Carolina-style pork, cole slaw, and homemade BBQ sauce for sandwiches. Delicious!!Aveny had a blast crawling all over the park and getting dirtier than she's ever been.
This is Aveny's big cousin Josh helping her go down the slide. I am already convinced these two will start some sort of marketing/social networking company together in the future. They are both the most social little kids I've ever known.
Cubby made Aveny her very own Blue Dog cake. Aveny loved every bit of it–the dog, the sugar, the icing, the cake... It was awesome!!
My precious doll! I'm so amazed at how fast a year goes by and how much a baby grows in just 12 short months! We went from a sleepy-eyed newborn to a fast-moving, smart, sweet, talkative little gal in such a short time. I love her!!!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday to sweet, sweet, Miss Aveny. Such cute pictures- thanks for posting them, Cayla! K~
Sweet baby girl!! I love her top! Enjoy every second Cayla, as you can see it goes way too fast!!
Post a Comment