


Wow, I have become the biggest posting delinquent I've ever known. I'd like to blame it on Facebook. And, since Facebook's feelings probably won't be hurt, I'll leave it at that.
We're having a GIRL. I asked the doctor if there was a chance there is something extra in the ultrasound that we just couldn't see at the moment, but he was very sure that she's a she! She loves David's voice and when I play music to my belly she goes nuts with kicking! (I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's b/c she loves it, and that she's not kicking in protest.) And yes, we're those annoying people who have a name but aren't sharing it until the birth, so if you ask you might be entertained with the fake name of the day, but that'll be it. :)
I've been reading up on labor and delivery and God is being extremely kind about easing my fears. Honestly, I'm more afraid of drugs and doctors than I am of giving birth, and that along with much of what I'm learning is causing us to seriously consider switching from our OB/GYN to a midwife. If/when we do, we'll be able to deliver in a hospital that has relaxed-atmosphere birthing rooms with tubs. As I continue to research and learn about how incredibly normal birth is supposed to be, David and I are both convinced that we want to have as little intervention as possible. I'm half-expecting this to illicit a barrage of comments about how epidurals are the best invention since sliced bread, and that I'll be screaming for painkillers, and to just wait until contractions hit... Hopefully I'll have a wonderful, miraculous story to share come November that doesn't involve IV's or doctors or stitches or complications. We're praying for that and working toward it as best we can. :)
2 comments:
Aaawwww....I love her pictures. Isn't new life incredible. Every day I marvel at what a beautiful miracle we are holding in our arms with Grace. We hope and pray for an uneventful, safe, healthy delivery and mama and baby. I will be anxious to hear how everything went for you. Thanks again for dinner and the fellowship the other night. We had a grand time with you guys as always. Have a great week!
Krista
hello! i am "hiding" a comment in your blog to invite you to a "blog blessing day" for ashley.
on JANUARY 15 we are inviting her friends to post a picture/story/memory - whatever - to encourage her as she gets ready to have her baby!
Let me know if you can do this by hiding a comment in my blog, or emailing me at areidj@aol.com
Thanks!
Jeannie
Post a Comment