We went to Motown for my birthday/Labor Day weekend. I can easily say this was my favorite birthday so far. We got to spend time with David's parents, my aunt, uncle and cousin, Ashley & Patrick and Murph! The parents and David and I had lunch on the lake Saturday. David convinced me to try wakeboarding and I actually got up both times I tried it (and wiped out both times as well). SO fun, but I was definitely sore for the next three days. Actually, I'm not sure if I was sore from wakeboarding or the multiple rounds of Wii boxing (I'll go ahead and claim Wii boxing championship until I'm challenged again). Food highlights: my mom made the BEST carrot cake with adorable marzipan carrots and bunny... and we had rigatoni, pepperoni rolls, sukiyaki, and a really nice lunch Monday before we left. Mmmm food.
My birthday was complete with really good presents, including... a PINK iPod nano & 8 week pottery class from my hubby (are there any better worldly pleasures than music and playing with mud??), lunch and boat time on the lake, an AWESOME gym bag (http://www.lugtravel.com/product/PUDDLEJUMPER)... I miss home already. It's SO wonderful to be this close for at least the next couple years.
No comments:
Post a Comment