We had a pretty easy, uneventful trip from Fort Worth to Chicago on Tuesday and Wednesday. We saw an incredible rainbow about an hour outside of Chicago that we drove right through! No pot of gold, though. We got to our flat and I sobbed for about an hour, missing our home in Texas. Our Totos tried to console me, but I think the transition will be a little rough for a few weeks.
Fun points about Chicago so far: We can walk to just about anything we want or need (except for a honky-tonk and stockyards), there is a dog park about 4 blocks from our house where the Totos can run free, our flat has a stained-glass window that makes rainbows on the floor while the sun sets, public transportation, and that's all I have for now.
While trying to be positive I have to mourn for the amazing seven years I had in Fort Worth. I moved a thousand miles from home, graduated college, got my first (few) big-girl jobs, met and married my husband, bought and sold our first home, and made friends with so many people we love. I miss it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment